The Empty Shop at Manchester Arndale
Returning to Manchester Arndale for the fourth consecutive year, The Empty Shop achieved a record-breaking 2.5 tonnes of clothing donations in 2017.
Purple Riot has worked with client Manchester Arndale for three years providing PR, media relations, event management and social media for the project and we have consistently secured national and regional press coverage, smashed targets, clothing donations, media coverage and social media engagement.
Our PR campaign included media relations, blogger and influencer outreach and a star-studded celebrity press launch as well as full event management. Our social media campaign focused on engaging celebrities, bloggers and influencers to support the project, as well as retailers, the charities and the media.
The Empty Shop asks shoppers to donate their pre-loved clothing to be sold to raise funds for homelessness charity The Mustard Tree and youth volunteering charity shop, Goodstock by v.Inspired.
- 30 pieces of national and regional press coverage including online, print, digital TV and radio with BBC, Key 103 and MEN
- Secured a celebrity ambassador in kind
- 18,061,301 total reach
- 241 press coverage social shares (Coveragebook.com)
- 23 % increase in Facebook fans
- 286 % increase in average Facebook organic reach
- 200 % increase in Facebook engagement
- 11 % increase in Instagram followers
- 2.5 tonnes of clothing donated, 25 % increase
- £100k of retailer donations, 43 % increase
- Sale total- £11,662! A whopping 1,066 % increase!
- National awareness of the brilliant work of Mustard Tree and vInspired